2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loosen up the bed bolts and take out the ones on the drivers side, leave the passenger side ones in but loose

Now take a piece of 2x4 or pipe whatever you have laying around thats long enough and prop the drivers side of the bed up, will give plenty of room and you dont need a couple more hands.
This will take no more than 15 minutes with a decent impact

Agreed fuel line disconnect should be 3/8's in most metal kits that are color coded its the gold one.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 AM
qlty94
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
Loosen up the bed bolts and take out the ones on the drivers side, leave the passenger side ones in but loose

Now take a piece of 2x4 or pipe whatever you have laying around thats long enough and prop the drivers side of the bed up, will give plenty of room and you dont need a couple more hands.
This will take no more than 15 minutes with a decent impact

Agreed fuel line disconnect should be 3/8's in most metal kits that are color coded its the gold one.
Good info by read head hunter on leaving passenger side bolts in and only loose that should also eliminate having to align the bed bolting it back.I'm gonna try that when I replace my rusted fuel line assembly.Thanks for the TIP.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Replacement