2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

water pump pulley slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Joey Buentello
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pump pulley slipping?

Removed my TCP fan shroud and replaced it with the stock unit. 2 e-fans under the stock shroud. When i came back from test driving my truck temp was reading 200* upper rad hose had TONS of pressure so much that I shut the truck off. 2nd 185* t-stat , 2500 cfm fans two of them, New rad new hoses new water pump. Do you guys think my water pump pulley could be slipping? I hit the pulley with a bit of sand paper to scuff up the out side of it. FEED BACK PLEASE. This issue is pissing me off. I ment to say upsetting me.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

just for fun, temporarily remove the t-stat and see what it does.
if everything else is normal, it should run at about 150 or so

do you know if your radiator is flowing correctly. as in. if you plug the lower radiator port and fill it up, with cap off, and then remove the plug. does the radiator drain quickly or does it dribble out like an old man pissing. some members of the forum will better understand this analogy than others. lol.

edit - i doubt that there's anything wrong with your water pump or that its slipping. if the belt was slipping it'd be squealing like a pig.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Joey Buentello
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its flowin I just changed out the lower radiator hose and it flowed properly.

Quick Reply: water pump pulley slipping?