2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Off roading bogg

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:13 AM
chadhager03
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off roading bogg

Well I went off roading through water mud and hills. I tried to make my own path and I got stuck (high centered) so I waited for someone to pull me out, a couple pulls later and I'm out. I went to start it and it was a little hard to get going but it idled fine. I put gas into and it make a jiggling clanking noise. I let it sit and it kept doing that. I feathered the pedal to get it up above 1500 Rpms and after that it was fine, made it home but I didn't turn it off and it ran pretty much normal. I checked oil and it looks great and it's a normal. Also the truck died twice prior to getting stuck and that was a first. Any ideas what it could be?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 AM
98lifted360

Did it spit and sputter before you killed it? might have gotten water in the distributor, ue to happen to mine all the time. it was so bad i couldn't even drive down the road and hit puddles, put some high temp gasket maker around the lip of the distributor cap replaced the car and rotor and was good to go, hasn't done it since. and it all together didnt even cost $20.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 AM
chadhager03
Captain

Well when it died the first time I was going like forty and drifted and let go of the throttle so I assumed it just under revved. The second time I did the same thing, It just died. Could it have anything to do with a vacuum having not enough pressure? Because I just fixed a vacuum leak and now it's harder to start and doesn't idle the same. But I can agree it was the distributer cap because I couldn't get it to rev over 1500 Rpms but when I feathered it, I got it up and going, it seemed like it had an extreme misfire or spark knock.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:37 AM
chadhager03
Captain

Oh also the batter fell against the belt and the belt wore a hole in the battery, it seemed to run better once I got that off of there

Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 AM
chadhager03
Captain

Also I think I knocked my clutch packs off on my rear diff because my two tires don't even lock up in gravel anymore, does anyone disagree with reusing the royal purple oil I put in it about 1-2 months ago (that stuff is expensive)

Quick Reply: Off roading bogg