2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1996 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 PM
lutner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Got a 3 inch lift with my 35 inch tires and went over a sunken manhole yesterday and by whole truck kept bouncing for 3 seconds. Are my front shocks done or is it front end. My friend and I are arguing about it. Anyone knows please let me know ASAP.

Thx guys

Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

excessive bouncing is an indication of worn out shocks. but - your diesel is very heavy and the lift is going to have longer than normal springs and might require some heavier than stock shocks.

what used to be really funny was to find someone's car parked unattended... we'd remove all 4 shocks and then park nearby where we could follow them and watch the results. they'd come back and get it and not notice anything until they started driving and it'd be rocking and bouncing all over the road. damn it was funny.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
excessive bouncing is an indication of worn out shocks. but - your diesel is very heavy and the lift is going to have longer than normal springs and might require some heavier than stock shocks.

what used to be really funny was to find someone's car parked unattended... we'd remove all 4 shocks and then park nearby where we could follow them and watch the results. they'd come back and get it and not notice anything until they started driving and it'd be rocking and bouncing all over the road. damn it was funny.
That could lead to another whole new thread about semi-dirty tricks we used to do to our buddies cars, dh.

Quick Reply: 1996 Dodge 2500 Diesel