2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

riping carpet out Qs

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:55 PM
mj23polaris
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riping carpet out Qs

im thinking i might take my nasty carpet out and bedliner my floor, my buddy says no bc there could be wires under the carpet that would be exposed, anyone have anything to say about this. id love to do it im sick of having the carpet and i could have someone patch my pass floor for me when i got the carpet out.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 AM
TheycallmeLaramie
Veteran

Ive got a herculiner kit if your really interested in doing it, UV Topcoat as well ($100 for both). Although I just did this completely to the inside of a jeep it is a JEEP. One without doors too. In our truck it wouuld be a PITA, but definately doable. If I were you I would take the carpet out. Get your wiring out of the way, get rid of any sign of rust. Bondo it smooth and in the shape you like it, then Herculine it if you like rough texture or Line-X it if you like smooth

Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Pacmanloads
Captain

I ripped my carpet out , patched a couple spots , sprayed bedliner over it nice and thick and then put in a vinyl floor without any cushion underneath that would soak up water like a sponge . Very Easy to clean , just a bucket of warm soapy water and an old rag .

Here is where I got mine, trim to fit .
http://www.stockinteriors.com/items....Vinyl_Flooring

Quick Reply: riping carpet out Qs