2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you talking MILITARY rims? Those are beaded three piece rims (inner, outer and runflat). Pretty hard to deal with.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if you happen to live near a money tree, look into the ox-locker. they are cable operated selectable. also - very expensive.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:19 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
Are you talking MILITARY rims? Those are beaded three piece rims (inner, outer and runflat). Pretty hard to deal with.
Yes, pvc insert for the beadlocks, my brother had a set custom fabbed for his f250, but then he blew his motor and bought a dually, no use for the 16.5'' swampers/surplus military 37's. But dont plan on running the runflats (and yes, they are a bitch to deal with, we mounted the beadlock inserts using my truck, his truck, some tow rope, and alot of dawn for lube.

As for the florida mud, I should post some pics of the other day when an excursion blew a tire and we had to yank him out. I ended up bending my frame where the hitch mounts because he wouldn't come out no matter how much of running start I got

Edit: found the recovery pictures... I promise next pictures I post of are a dodge sitting on 3/4ton axles

Notice the flex, it was a result of the next picture...

That is the blown tire, he sheared his valve stem off

The little dodge that couldnt.

The backup f350 powerchoke

Last edited by rumble_truck; 09-27-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: pics

Quick Reply: Finally...