2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rear springs worn out?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:49 PM
6boltfreak
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

replaced the springs on my tow pig with bags before that helpers now you can get dually springs take out a couple ofthe leafs to make it about the same height, i found that dually springs wont flex as bad.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:27 PM
wyomingdodge7
Veteran

I have the Firestone Air Helper springs, they do great. I put a pallet of sod in there, running the springs at 70PSI and the truck barely even moved. Easy to let the air out too so the ride isn't too uncomfortable when you don't need them.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
chadwall
Professional

Ya man, air bags are the way to go if ur hauling large loads often.

Had mine since truck was almost new (bought it from dad) and changing psi with in cab regulator is cake.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 AM
wv ram
Amateur

get a set of timbrien springs after your done with spring pack they will touch the block pads or ears as i call them , when your empty its factory ride not rough with stiff rearend put a ton or so on rear and it keeps rear level , love mine !

Old 10-14-2011, 10:15 AM
SilverSS
Captain

Thanks guys. Probably going to go with an AAL. Seems to be the most cost effective solution just hope it doesn't ride really rough. She's sitting a little bulldog after the leveling kit so should bring her real close to level. If I towed or hauled more often I'd probably go with bags or the timbren's. Anybody have any experience/recommendations for an AAL?

Old 10-14-2011, 11:32 AM
8uzzsaw
Professional

Originally Posted by SilverSS
Thanks guys. Probably going to go with an AAL. Seems to be the most cost effective solution just hope it doesn't ride really rough. She's sitting a little bulldog after the leveling kit so should bring her real close to level. If I towed or hauled more often I'd probably go with bags or the timbren's. Anybody have any experience/recommendations for an AAL?
If by AAL you mean add-a-leaf then I had that installed with my 3" lift. It stiffened it up some and I think it does a good enough job.

I'd love to have air bags and an on-board compressor with my tires tied into that so I could change my tire pressure on the fly but thats a dream and won't ever happen. (nor is it remotely necessary for me to have either) lol

Quick Reply: rear springs worn out?