2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default antenna

Currently I have the Yaesu 2800 2 meter radio thats been *worked on*(adds a few freqs..) It only works in the (use it for marine on the lakes here, fire radio, logging..etc), I also want the 400MHZ range(frs/gmrs use and a few others..). So i am picking up a dual band radio yaesu 8800R (100/400mhz), and also going to be installing a CB. I was trying to figure out an antenna setup. Currently i have my stereo antenna in its stock location and then my fire radio directly across from it on the other side of the hood. Now if i go dual band I will need another antenna or buy a dual band antenna. plus i will need a cb antenna. So i will have either a total of 3, 4, or 5 antennas.. Anyone want to show locations of the radio antenna mounts? I was thinking if i have 5 (2 off hood, 1 on roof, 2 off headache rack). Anyone got a pic of this? I am WELL aware of not needing 2 antennas for a cb but i like things being even on both sides of the truck, so my only real choice is 3(2 off hood, and 1 on roof) or 5(2 off hood, 1 on roof, 2 off headache rack). if i did three id have the following antennas(dual band, stereo and one CB) if i had five id have (fire radio antenna, 400mhz antenna, dual cb, and stereo). I will only have 2 radios in the truck(dual band and cb) anyone got a pic of 2 radios mounted in a second gen?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: antenna