2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How Do I Get my hands on a KRC Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:18 PM
kuziwr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do I Get my hands on a KRC Cam?

I have seen so many videos on youtube of rams with some version of a KRC Camshaft and i have googled them and cannot find a webpage or anything to get any information. I want to have one, i just dont know where to get one...

Thanks

Old 11-14-2011, 11:20 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kuziwr
I have seen so many videos on youtube of rams with some version of a KRC Camshaft and i have googled them and cannot find a webpage or anything to get any information. I want to have one, i just dont know where to get one...

Thanks
KRC sold to Watson Performance. They don't have much of a website.

Go to Bionic Dodge and PM B1llyW he is the former owner of KRC. He will hook you up with crane cams and give them the build specs so you can buy the cam directly from Crane.

That is what he told me because i was thinking of getting the RV cam in this thread:
http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic/in...p?topic=9197.0

HOWEVER, I would just talk to Rich from Hi-Potek. He is a good guy (Also on bionic dodge as 98DAK408). He has some nice cams:
http://stores.hi-potek.com/-strse-EN...Categories.bok

Rich's 199/406 480in/480exh is like the RV cam. It says 5.2 cam, but it is more like a RV cam. 5.2s have higher lift than 5.9 cams, and that cam is still a good bump in lift and duration.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:41 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you can PM Merc225hp on this forum. He is a fellow Canuk from BC and he got his cam from Mopar Performance. He will probably PM you the build sheet and you can call Mopar Performance and get one started.

Look at his garage, he has done a lot to his truck. He also has 24# injectors with that cam because he had a lean spot with stock injectors. (FYI, do not change your injectors unless you KNOW you are running lean. Only doing a cam swap would make for lean spots on a NA engine. Just like changing jets on a carb when you do major modifications.)

Old 11-16-2011, 01:36 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which krcperformance cam are you looking at, comp cams makes the cams for them(watson performance now as stated above). You can call comp directly and order from them, or get a hold of watson performance they should have some cams there.

Quick Reply: How Do I Get my hands on a KRC Cam?