2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

few problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Ram_King
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few problems

okay, so i have a few problems with my 97 1500, the first is, fuel gauge likes to float up and down, i know there is a way to fix it, i just don't know how, another problem is in 4 wheel drive if i get stuck, and i have to get on it to get it out i get a real bad hop in the front, is that normal? and lastly what are signs of a failing rear end?

Old 11-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Pronk
Professional

I can't help ya with the gas gauge thing, have to wait for someone else. Some hopping is normal when in 4 wheel drive while turning and stuff, but it's hard to tell with your description. As for the rear end, listen to see if it is making any odd grinding noises and look for any leaks around the rear differential

Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You get stuck in 4 wheel drive. You should really elaborate on the condition here. We talking about mud stuck, steep hill stuck, a sniper take you out, some pot hole, or better yet absent man hole cover, logs, etc.???

Geez....can we be any more lazy with the thread titles?

My few problems are, not enough light in the day, no snow falls where I daily drive, aholes abuse the carpool lane, and I get to be reminded tonight how effing luck I am when I watch Bomb Patrol Afghanistan tonight.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Ram_King
Professional

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
You get stuck in 4 wheel drive. You should really elaborate on the condition here. We talking about mud stuck, steep hill stuck, a sniper take you out, some pot hole, or better yet absent man hole cover, logs, etc.???

Geez....can we be any more lazy with the thread titles?

My few problems are, not enough light in the day, no snow falls where I daily drive, aholes abuse the carpool lane, and I get to be reminded tonight how effing luck I am when I watch Bomb Patrol Afghanistan tonight.
ha, im sorry man, it happens, but as me getting stuck, mud, but not just any mud, its a new breed, pretty sticky stuff

Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram_King
ha, im sorry man, it happens, but as me getting stuck, mud, but not just any mud, its a new breed, pretty sticky stuff
The Georgia mud can get as slick as snow and ice.

Quick Reply: few problems