2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Installing clearance lights on a 2500

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:05 AM
kadetklapp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing clearance lights on a 2500

I like clearance lights, but only on a 3/4 ton truck or heavier. That's just my personal preference. My truck does not have them, for whatever reason. However, my buddy (who used to own the truck) is trying to talk me into putting some on it. I'm interested in doing so, but don't want to open up a can of worms trying to do the installation on a truck that wasn't intended to have them. Does anyone know if Chrysler ran a harness into the roof that is intended for use with the clearance lights? If so, that will make the decision to install these easier. Also, what would be a close to stock model number of some lights I can get from someone other than the dealer?

Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I doubt there is a harness installed. Drop the headliner a little and look. And they are not that hard to install. The under side (dbl wall) has a large hole where the bulb socket goes through. You use that as a template of where to mount them.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:14 PM
biggreen2500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a set stock cab lights and the wiring harness and clips... i'd sell you i was gonna put them on mine but i did want to drill a hole in my roof lol

pm me if your intrested

Quick Reply: Installing clearance lights on a 2500