2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wipers Acting Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011 | 11:12 PM
Finns
|
Thumbs up Wipers Acting Up

Short story; Wipers would come on with headlights or left turn signal. Replaced Central Timer Module and they now work.

Long story; '98 Ram 1500 5.9 engine. Driveing in the rain one day the wipers stopped, pulled over to look at owners manual to see which fuse might be blown. Sitting on the side of the road they started working again. Next night turned on headlights the wipers came on. They would come on with headlights, left (only) turn signal and hazard lights. Passenger headlight was dimmer than drivers side. Replaced wiper motor and all was well,,,,for two days and then back to the headlight scenario. After three days in the shop and many hours on the internet the mechanic replaced the Central Timer Module. For the last three days they seem to work now. Hope it lasts.

This is not a request for assistance (unless it acts up again) just posting incase someone else runs into this problemand does a 'search' for wipers. I searched here quite some time looking for the answer (that's why I replaced the motor-thanks for that help). Great site!

Old 12-17-2011 | 11:57 PM
gdstock
Legend

Good information to know. I bet a number of people have chased that down, and if it wad me, I would have done as you did - fuse, motor.....

I would not have thought of CTM.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Wipers Acting Up