DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   vacuum leak.. wheres this supposed to go? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/313267-vacuum-leak-wheres-this-supposed-to-go.html)

ol' grouch 12-23-2019 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3464119)
IF you are having an issue, you should start a new thread, rather than resurrect a 7 year old one. Most of the folks in this thread aren't around any more.

Goodness, what did you do? It wasn't something kinky was it? :icon_verzsilly: (Keep in mind, it's only kinky the first time.) It' is probably a good idea to start a new thread though.

Theresa Lero 01-20-2021 04:57 PM

vac leak.

Originally Posted by BigBlue83 (Post 2674949)
If im not mistaking this has been like this, However now i am having the wild vents issue. Heres is pics of my vacuum lines as you can see one is cut. But if i even made an attempt to fix, I have no idea where it would go...

Attachment 58883

Attachment 58884

Attachment 58885

That line comes out of the firewall, beside the silver and black hoses. Mine was in the black gasket material, on the side closer to the pass. door. I'd replace the check valve while you're at it too.

HeyYou 01-20-2021 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Theresa Lero (Post 3504510)
That line comes out of the firewall, beside the silver and black hoses. Mine was in the black gasket material, on the side closer to the pass. door. I'd replace the check valve while you're at it too.

Did you happen to notice that the post you replied to is nine years old? I would like to think he had this dealt with a quite some time ago.....

ol' grouch 01-21-2021 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3504540)
Did you happen to notice that the post you replied to is nine years old? I would like to think he had this dealt with a quite some time ago.....

A lot of people come here because a web search brings them here. That's how I wandered in a while back. :icon_banana: The post date is the last thing one notices.

Moparite 01-21-2021 06:49 AM

Yea, I posted about people adding to another forum. If they are trolling google for answers just join a forum and post your specific question. People forget what forums are for and expect answers from google instead. :icon_screwy:

Shane Turpin 04-08-2021 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by ol' grouch (Post 3504565)
A lot of people come here because a web search brings them here. That's how I wandered in a while back. :icon_banana: The post date is the last thing one notices.

The fact that this thread is so old really doesn’t matter, I found it via google search and I think it may have answered all my questions about an issue I have with the same lines as well as telling me what the hell they are for in the first place. So if you got something helpful to add keep it up because clueless people like me will find it 9 years later and get the answers they need!

87shadowES 09-17-2021 08:42 PM

And here I am researching some vacuum issues myself, though I believe mine are outside of this thread. I dig through so many of these forums for answers and have yet to not find some! :)

Moparite 09-18-2021 05:06 AM

Post a question of your issue. New thread if it's not related to this one.

cobiaslayer29 11-24-2021 05:13 PM

That is the blend door vacuum for the defrost or main ac vent operation the other end it connects to comes out near the ac lines through the firewall in the picture you posted mine was broke and all air was routed to the defrost vents. Hope this helps. Regards. Rich