DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   vacuum leak.. wheres this supposed to go? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/313267-vacuum-leak-wheres-this-supposed-to-go.html)

BigBlue83 12-22-2011 10:37 AM

vacuum leak.. wheres this supposed to go?

3 Attachment(s)
If im not mistaking this has been like this, However now i am having the wild vents issue. Heres is pics of my vacuum lines as you can see one is cut. But if i even made an attempt to fix, I have no idea where it would go...

Attachment 58883

Attachment 58884

Attachment 58885

HeyYou 12-22-2011 10:40 AM

Should be a sticker with a diagram of how the vacuum lines are SUPPOSED to be...... consult that, see what ya got, and what ya don't.

BigBlue83 12-22-2011 11:06 AM

are you talking bout that "emissions sticker?" you mention before thats under the hood?

I know that vacuum lines go to a switch for your transfer case. When ever i go to put my truck in four wheel the light on the dash doesnt show ive even tryed to turn the wheel left to right because i heard this makes it easier to engage. The only thing that makes the light illuminate is putting my truck in reverse for just an inch or two. Is this normal or all apart of my vacuum leak?

HeyYou 12-22-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue83 (Post 2674978)
are you talking bout that "emissions sticker?" you mention before thats under the hood?

I know that vacuum lines go to a switch for your transfer case. When ever i go to put my truck in four wheel the light on the dash doesnt show ive even tryed to turn the wheel left to right because i heard this makes it easier to engage. The only thing that makes the light illuminate is putting my truck in reverse for just an inch or two. Is this normal or all apart of my vacuum leak?

Probably related. The CAD system is vacuum powered, if you don't have sufficient vacuum, it won't work the way you would like it to. (not that it ever works the way I would like it to...... a little on the slow side for my tastes.)

Wh1t3NuKle 12-22-2011 12:36 PM

Mine works perfect!! That is all I can add to this issue. ;)

BigBlue83 12-22-2011 12:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
O.k so at lunch today i took a closer indebt look under the hood and first off is this the diagram you are refering to?
Attachment 58872

second the 3rd picture up top with the broken hose is on the passanger side (incase noone noticed the trans dip stick) now while at lunch i found this next picture. it looks to me as if there should be a hose coming from there but theres not. this hose is on the driver side by the distributer its in the same coduit tubing as as a white electrical cable that goes from the passenger side of the throttle body to the back side of the engine and down under the truck by the distributer.. should there be a hose connecting these two broken pcs??? or is there a 3rd brake some where
Attachment 58873

BangMx 12-22-2011 01:09 PM

It goes into the firewall where the refrigerant lines go in

BangMx 12-22-2011 01:13 PM

Also the cruise control is controlled by vacuum lines. The line runs from the vacuum line just under your trans dipstick, then runs next to the throttle cable down to the drivers fender where the cruise control unit is.

97ramrod1500 12-22-2011 01:23 PM

the line that is broken next to the trans dipstick is the vacuum line for your hvac controls. i'm not sure about the others.

BigBlue83 12-22-2011 01:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I looked under the battery tray everything seems in tact... if i remember from what i heard thats where the cruise control vacuum line is... I cant check to see if the cruise control is working because i im in the belief that i need a new clocck spring (my horn doesnt work either)

so these next two pics that im posting my question is are these two supposed to be connected???
Attachment 58870
Attachment 58871