2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear Carrier

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:37 PM
allmopar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Carrier

My '01 1500 had recent issues with the speed sensor. Found out the reason the spped sensor was destroyed - a washer broke so the shrapnel destroyed the sensor. Went to a mechanic and apparently the washer itself is not available. I'm being told that I need to replace the WHOLE CARRIER - just to get a washer!![X(]. This translates to about $600 for the part which is only avail from the dealer. Sorry the description is vague but I'm trying to repeat what the mechanic said (not what I know - because I don't). Anyone else have this problem, or any suggestions? I can't believe that I'm about to spend $600 + LABOR - for a WASHER

Old 08-03-2005, 03:24 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear Carrier

Couldnt you go to a junk yard and get the part? even if you had to get the whole axel for your mechanic to get the washer out...still wouldnt be $600. Thats just rediculous. There has to be something else you can do....

Quick Reply: Rear Carrier