2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lights out

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:59 AM
yellowtruck
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lights out

If i am driving with my high beams on my lights will periodically just shut off completely. It doesnt do this when low beams are on? Any suggestions?

Matt

Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowtruck
If i am driving with my high beams on my lights will periodically just shut off completely. It doesnt do this when low beams are on? Any suggestions?

Matt
Hi/lo beam switch is going bad? I would try spraying contact cleaner into it first (With the truck and lights off of course) as well as the headlight switch since it still may be making poor contact and doesnt cut out until their is additional draw from the highbeams. If that dont work replacing it? after checking the condition of any fuses involved and relays but I dont believe our trucks use relays for the headlights. Also Check the ground! I had a similar issue a few years ago with regular beams and it was a corroded ground connection by the headlights

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-29-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
botta
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

light switch is going out, mine only worked as high beams, and would flicker on and off on low beams.. and im talking about the light switch on the dash, that turn the light on.

Quick Reply: lights out