2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 PM
The beast is reborn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input

My truck 95 1500 shorty, 5 inch suspension lift with 1 ton axles, 37 tires. Everything installed and yes I will have rubbing issues surpise, surpise. It looks like the tire if flexed would hit more of the front bumper than the corner of the fender ( right in front of the door)
Now it's decision time,
Option 1 - bring out the sawall -fender trimming time. Before I do that I would love to see some pictures of the finished products. Truck is used 70% offroad with some signs of rust coming through the front fenders. I just don't want it looking like hack job. Maybe a set of flares to hide the hack job.

Option 2 - body lift- I have always been against BL.

Option 3 - I wonder if I could get away with a one inch coil spacer, I have 5 inch RC suspension lift and skyjacker adjustable trackbar.

Any input would be appreciated.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:14 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just trim the fenders, personally i would use a cutoff wheel instead of a sawall(much better looking cuts)

Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't recall if the RC 5" has long arms. I'm guessing not. Me, I'm not a fan of cutting anything. Not saying its good/bad, just not my path. It has its place with the right owner.

Here are some good examples of a rig that has cut the inner fender and covered with flares.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-rig-pics.html

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...with-pics.html

From direct experience, a 5" SL and 3" BL will clear w/o any trimming. I have a buddy running 38.5 Pro Comps. Ppl here have seen it.

I'm not a fan of spacers on additional SL equipment, but ppl have done it nonetheless.

So, my recommendation is to do it right with long arms to get your axle positioned better, then decide further from there. Hope that helped.

Quick Reply: Input