2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idle issue?/almost dies

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
97ramrod1500
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
With lights dimming as it trying to die, I suspect something else is the problem.

When the TB was cleaned, did you do it or someone else? Was IAC removed and cleaned at that time, and how long ago was that done? Has it been running right since then until now?

If IAC pintle was turned or pushied in or out, it would have been damaged and needs repplaced. I suspect with the lights dimming issue, there is a bad or loose ground. Check negative cable at both ends. make sure cable isn't breaking down at connector under insulation. Clean connection at both ends.
the lights ONLY dim when the rpm drops to the lowest mark on the tach (as though the truck is going to shut off) It was cleaned by a dealer cause there is a folder packed with paperwork. And it was done in april of 04. I bought the truck october 2010 with 208,000 miles. (for dirt cheap ) I'm not sure if the idle has been doing this since i bought it as i didn't pay that close attention. but i know its been doing this for a little while now. I plan on taking the AIT sensor out next weekend and cleaning it.

Quick Reply: Idle issue?/almost dies