2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Head lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
spanishgrass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head lights not working

98 V6 automatic, no AC, just your basic Van. Very reliable, 235,000 miles on this vehicle , still gets 23 miles per gallon. This morning, I turned on the lights to leave for work and had no headlights. All other lights are working. I checked all fuses in both the interior box and engine compartment. Funny thing tho. There is no listing in either box for a fuse for headlights. I removed every fuse and all are good. Is there an inline fuse somewhere?

Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
P1NKST@FF
Professional

It could be your switch, try playing with it, tap it in busts hair when you turn on the lights and see if you can get them to come on. Mine went bad, then went back to working, then Tryed to burn the truck down! May not be the problem but that's my $.02

Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
spanishgrass
Default Thanks

Thanks for the tip. I removed the switch and sure enough it was gummed up with dust and years of grime. I blew it out and wiped it as best I could. Lights now working. I'll spray it with some electrical cleaner and hopefully it will go another 200, 000. Thanks again.

Any idea why rule #8 is posted in my original post.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
P1NKST@FF
Professional

No clue about rule #8 glad you fixed it though, it didn't look like it was gettin hot or anything?

Quick Reply: Head lights not working