2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cat Converter

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Donmega884
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I think the real point is being missed here.... if his cat really was plugged than he has bigger problems like a blown plenum gasket or worn out rings to address...
I'm willing to bet its given no real signs that its plugged but the op wants to gut it because its the "the thing to do to get more power and a louder exhaust".... Well it usually causes the truck to run rich and burn more gas unless you run a simulator from my experience and what I've read...

You have no idea about any of my problems!!! Don't assume things buddy.. I actually did a test with a heat gauge and pressure gauge from the front and the back of the cat. Your no help to this question...You know nothing!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM
jswain
Veteran

Never understood why removing the cat would make you lose torque. I'm not saying it doesn't, I replaced mine with a Magnaflow and have never gone without a cat. But drag cars and monster trucks and such run open headers and you'd think they had a lil torque... I dunno. I do believe running no cat will effect fuel trim on an OBDII vehicle. OBDI vehicles it would not.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
slapshift318
Rookie

Originally Posted by Donmega884
You have no idea about any of my problems!!! Don't assume things buddy.. I actually did a test with a heat gauge and pressure gauge from the front and the back of the cat. Your no help to this question...You know nothing!!!
That's no way to get help, If you would have read the sign up agreement, it says "EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO THEIR PERSONAL OPINION.

If you have the tools to do the tests, you should be able to figure out the problem. But Don't come into a forum of friendly people who try to help all they can, and act like a five year old whining over a toy.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
...I'm willing to bet its given no real signs that its plugged but the op wants to gut it because its the "the thing to do to get more power and a louder exhaust"....
Why would you say that when the OP mentioned nothing about making his truck louder? Doesn't help anybody out at all...

Quick Reply: Cat Converter