2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Diagnostics
Print Wikipost

wheres all my oil going my truck has no leaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:53 AM
2000ramsport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wheres all my oil going my truck has no leaks

My 2000 1500 (5.9 4x4) was down 3 quarts of oil when I checked it 2 days ago.There was no oil on the dip stick at all.last time I checked it was in October when I changed the oil and I filled it all the way to the fill line.My truck doesn't have any leaks .I don't see any smoke when I drive but I'm guessing some how my truck maybe burning the oil?My truck has low miles for the year about 98k but im guessing than doesn't really mater.lucky for me I checked it when I did or my engine would of seized up.is there anything I should check to find out where all my oils going?I'm going to e checking my oil every week from now on.Any info will help thanks.

Last edited by 2000ramsport; 03-03-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:38 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

is this a joke?
if not - fix you leaking plenum.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...um-thread.html

Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Nereaga
Captain

Don't think he is joking... I would look though that thread and at least rule out if it is coming from the plenum plate. Take off the air filter box and look through the throttle body. If you see oil pooling in there, that is where your oil is going...

Brad

Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

replace you pvc valve first... oil in the intake can also come from blowby from worn rings...check your compression.... or tear into it assuming its the plenum gasket... there are plenty of people who changed it with aftermaket aluminum plates only only to find oil still pooling up in the intake... also if you look at the plenum pics thread you will see some have pulled theirs apart for nothing as the original gasket was holding up fine...
Yes its a good possibility it may be a bad gasket (if you replace it get the aluminum plate which is thicker or use washers on the plenum plate bolts as dodge admitted the bolts often bottom out in the manifold before sandwiching the plate and gasket with enough pressure to hold things properly),
there's also a good possibility it oil froma bad pvc valve or blowby from a worn engine...

Old 03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
is this a joke?
if not - fix you leaking plenum.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...um-thread.html
Most likely not a joke. Just a result of NOT reading the first, in your face sticky , right on top of the forum. Kinda hard to miss I'd say. Of course one would never see if they don't also read the rules.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:29 AM
2000ramsport
Professional

No this is not a joke my truck really had no oil on the stick.Ill check the link posted above thanks.

Quick Reply: wheres all my oil going my truck has no leaks