2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ZMAX Micro lubricant

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 06:44 AM
ram6918
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZMAX Micro lubricant

Hi, i am new to the forum and to the world of dodge trucks - i have a 1999 dodge ram 5.2l v8 with an automatic trans and about 108,000 miles with no major repair since day one when my father bought it with 1 mile on it. anyway my question is, has anyone ever used this ZMAX product in thier truck. the reason i want to try it is because i have real sluggish acceleration and hope this my help. one more other thing is that am losing about 1 quart of oil a month and don't know were it is going because it does not leak one drop of oil and does not smoke on startup nor at a stop light
any input would be very helpful

Old 08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
cnewt15
Professional
Default RE: ZMAX Micro lubricant

if you are losing oil, and there are no drips, check out the plenum gskt. Chances are that it ihas blown out, since dodges are notorius for this. just pull off the air cleaner assembly, and look down the throttle body, if it looks wet, or you see oil puddled in it, the plenum gskt needs replacing, mine done the same thing, and burnt up two cats, and 2 o2 sensors before i found the problem. This will explain the sluggishness also.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:51 AM
ram6918
Default RE: ZMAX Micro lubricant

Well, i used the zmax stuff and at the same time droped in a k&n stock filter replacement, and i can't even tell you how happy i'm with the results. ANyway My next objective is to do the intake plenum gasket, cause i got alot of oil seeping through.

Quick Reply: ZMAX Micro lubricant