2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck runs like crap

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:04 PM
billcart
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any improvement yet?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had hissing is the past, when the air hat didn't seat correctly on the throttle body. However it didn't cause any power problems. I am inclined to think it's the plenum as well, but definately check those 17 year old crusty vacuum lines.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
billcart
Professional

When I did my heater core I broke the teevalve, lines and just about every other one pulling the hoses off in the engine compartment. Duck tape and then electrical tape went around all the hoses. So far no problems yet.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM
CTX_dodger

Originally Posted by billcart
When I did my heater core I broke the teevalve, lines and just about every other one pulling the hoses off in the engine compartment. Duck tape and then electrical tape went around all the hoses. So far no problems yet.
You can also use aquarium pump lines in a pinch , but I don't recommend this as anything even semi-permanent. Vac lines can get pinched anywhere. Had a line squeezed in the very corner my valve cover, killed my 4x4 for a week while I traced them back.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:14 PM
john91
Amateur

I have a little improvement. It seems to start better and run a little better. But after a while itll start to rough idle. Im still gonna clean the tb this weekend when I have the time. And I will inform. I love this forum though

Quick Reply: Truck runs like crap