2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

where can I get a baja bumper and cowl hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Goatley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can I get a baja bumper and cowl hood

Im looking for a baja (prerunner) style bumper for the front end of my truck. (96 ram) I also want a cowl hood for it! I have not been to find the bumper I want and its a easy design I just might have to have it built.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM
dodgeramit_10
Veteran

ebay for the hood and buckstopbumper for the ur baja bumper make sure ur sitting down when u see the price though

Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 AM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

I would just build one. It will be tons cheaper. Look for pics to get an idea, then have your bends made and weld it together!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Cowl hoods are availible through LMC truck.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GoodHood makes pretty nice cowl hoods.. I appreciate the quality for a fiberglass hood.. the gel coat didn't need a lot of work before paint, not that it was perfect, but it was better than most I've seen.

this is a third gen- the second gen hoods are different..

I fabricated an insulated filter box and insulated duct to an insulated air hat.. I don't know what I was thinking, other than having too much time on my hands.. I can tell you this, though- the other morning with ambient air at around 75*, the truck was running at an operating temperature of 179~183*, and the intake air temperature was 60~70* at highway speeds.. I found as big and as unobstructed a filter as I could to fit on it- and it is noticeable in terms of power to the terra- but it's also noticeable at the gas station.. running as low an intake temp as I do plays hell with the fuel trims- it dumps fuel..

I found my hood new on eBay for $300.. I put another $300 in paint on it, and have likely $200 in duct/plumbing on it.. The hood direct from the manufacturer is around $1k.. So, I got off fairly easy for doing it- but I was going to do it regardless..

shop around.. you can find them fairly cheap.. cheap being $250~$400..

Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Goatley
Professional

cool thanks guys!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of the 2nd Gen's showed, The red one is the only one I don't hate. But personally I think the factory hoods on the 2nd Gens are such a sweet design I don't think I would ever get rid of it.

Quick Reply: where can I get a baja bumper and cowl hood