2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Choosing the right shocks for lifted trucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Choosing the right shocks for lifted trucks

Gents,

I just put a set of Rancho RS5000s on my truck, in an effort to quell the death wobble (Since I have a brand new frontend and a tight steering box).

When I rock my truck back and forth, it takes about 4 rocks for my truck to STOP rocking. I thought it was supposed to be two.

Anyways. I checked the rancho site for what shocks I should get and the OFF ROAD edition called for specific part numbers. I have a 3 inch lift kit, which makes it 1 inch over the stock 2 inches.

Every other shock rancho has (2-3 inch lift) says that it DOES NOT include the off road package for those shocks.

I found a good deal for bilsteins, so I think I will go with them. But do I need different PNs for the extra inch?

Old 06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you call any shock manufacturer and tell them what truck you have and the amount of added lift, I would think they can special make shocks for you...

For example, here: http://www.jackit.com/suspension-par...ks/shocks.html
you can click on what shocks you want, then fill out the form before you order stating year, make, vehicle options(offroad edition), amount of lift, etc. and they'll make the shocks to the right size.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick Reply: Choosing the right shocks for lifted trucks