2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Death wobble info from chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
white7wolf
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's the symptoms of this happening? I don't think I've ever had it happen to me. The truck just starts to bounce side to side or something?

Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by white7wolf
what's the symptoms of this happening? I don't think I've ever had it happen to me. The truck just starts to bounce side to side or something?
The steering wheel shakes violently side to side and the front end wobbles and bounces like it wants to escape from the vehicle. You'll know it if it happens!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
white7wolf
Amateur

Yikes! I hope that never happens while my wife is driving!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Countryboy_4_life
Rookie

wow I'm surprised my in laws didn't mention that fox news item, the wife and I always have a couple Jeeps in the stable and they've been on the "Jeep is a death trap" wagon since we bought our first Wrangler, they just love bringing up any news item that puts Jeep in a negative light.

What's more unnerving then having deathwobble strike you is seeing it happen to the guy in the lane next to you at 70 plus MPH.

thankfully anytime I've had death wobble I've never had a to go in circles figuring out the cause. my ZJ got it when an axle shaft ujoint was on it's last leg, TJ got it when passenger side front tire became unbalanced, and my WJ was because when we did all the tie rod ends we ended up with over an inch of toe in. All three times it was a quick diagnose and fix

Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Ramingo
Rookie

****UPDATE**** if you've read my story about the Death wobble, to cut to the chase, I decided to replace the steering stablizer and cured the problem..

I Pin pointed my Death-wobble experience and concluded
1. Bad Lower Ball joints (Hopped/ Bounced up& down)
2. Bad Stablizer shock (bounced side to side)

Now i just need to adjust the (steering box) since i Have a really hard steering problem, unless i put it back together Wrong after the OverHaul.

Quick Reply: Death wobble info from chrysler