2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

magnum to cummins swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnum to cummins swap

Did a search but too much stuff pops up.Im looking @being a cheap 1500&using the motor&all as a spare for my 95...I know where a descent 94&96 are@a good price&...a few cummins...want to buy one of the trucks&pull the motor&throw the cummins in it one is a 360 one is the 318...as far as the cummins go hes got a few differenti ones.
*************** The guys has tons of dodge trucks a whole lot full Thats all they do@there shop.Always anybody got a link to a good thread about this or has anyone done the swap?Need to find out what all Im gonna need to do this.

Like will the 46rh bot up to and particular cummins if so I can look for that one...or is There a good adapter to do so?

Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Not really sure what's being asked here..
Would the "cummins swap questions & answers" thread help you any?
http://www.pavementsucks.com/board/t...answers?page=2

Buying a Cummins truck would be much less of a headache, and depending on certain things about the same price.

As for tranny/transfer case, not sure if the 46 will bolt right up but... I'd highly recommend getting a 47rh (or better yet, the nv4500), and nv241D to handle all that power...and the driveshafts and axles, suspension parts, brakes, motor/tranny mounts, wiring harness and other assorted wiring.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Originally Posted by Matt Nickerson
Not really sure what's being asked here..
Would the "cummins swap questions & answers" thread help you any?
http://www.pavementsucks.com/board/t...answers?page=2

Buying a Cummins truck would be much less of a headache, and depending on certain things about the same price.

As for tranny/transfer case, not sure if the 46 will bolt right up but... I'd highly recommend getting a 47rh (or better yet, the nv4500), and nv241D to handle all that power...and the driveshafts and axles, suspension parts, brakes, motor/tranny mounts, wiring harness and other assorted wiring.
Thanks Ill look@the link...sorry my post was a little add.Basically wondering if the 46 rh Will bolt up to and certain cummins or is there a kit.This is the deal we just built a new shop&noce we get the g-body finshed I plan on starting a truck project &I was already working for a truck to buy for spare parts...mostly for a spare engine for my truck.&the other day I drove a cummins the other day&knew in a minute I wanted one.
Well this guy has a cummins out of a 2007,2004,95&93 &he said he had more@his house.I can get the truck cheap&hes willing to do some telling on a engine in trade for some of my welding skills&I have a small out building full of goodies Ive got trading&there uo to barter so I shouldnt be int the truck&motor more than 1800.00.
Plus I didnt know jack about my truck when I bought it but thanks to the site&alot of trial&error Ive been learing alot so the learing experince Will be good.I did a few sbc swaps but Thats easy as piè.Plus my buddie closed his shop down when he went over seas&he should be back anyday so Ill have a hand.&Man thosè trucks arent cheap&Im in no rush ya know

Old 08-26-2012, 01:28 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Didnt see the last part kf your reply...that makes sense maybe I shouldlook for a 2500 with a blown motor

Quick Reply: magnum to cummins swap