2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no start, no buss

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Jason_Dodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start, no buss

Howdy.
Got a 99 dodge durango with the 360. It was a well treated vehicle when we bought it. All it needed was some love and it was running like a champ. We've had it for 2 1/2 years now. It has about 160k miles now. Just recently, the engine would cut out going over bumps. Then check engine light would come on but turn right back off after it happened. This went on for a few weeks. Just today, the durango had a tough time staying running. When it would die after letting off the gas, "no buss" would flash on the odemeter three times and would then stay ambient. The fuel gauge would remain active along with the check engine light - and now it won't start at all. When you turn the key to the on position, there would be a loud clicking coming from the relay box and the fuel pump would not be active. The only way to remedy this would be to takeout the relay "auto shutdown" and then the fuel pump would turn on and the clicking would go away. I tried swapping relays with the horn relay to only have the same results of clicking. Any ideas? Thankyou in advance.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do some searching. No Bus is a topic covered Ad Nauseum.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Jason_Dodge
Rookie

Thanks. Good stuff man. Never thought about doing that... -_-

I did do some searching. Why do you think I made this thread in the first place?

Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason_Dodge
Thanks. Good stuff man. Never thought about doing that... -_-

I did do some searching. Why do you think I made this thread in the first place?

Did you search here on DF?

Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Jason_Dodge
Rookie

I did and on google. I figured out the problem though. There was a ground-wire attached to the power-steering pump frame that had a nut over it that I didn't tighten down properly. Tightened it down and the durango runs great. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: no start, no buss