2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

some weird stuff going on

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 03:41 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default some weird stuff going on

i started my truck and my passenger window went down and now it will not go up. i removed the passenger side switch. and still wont go up on drivers side switch. i find this really weird . its freezing to drive into work with the open window. luckly it hasnt rained yet .

also my truck never dinged before with key in ignition and leaving lights on. for the 5 years ive owned this truck. and now it does.

also now it randomly locks doors when driving . you can hear it lock the doors evrey 30-45 seconds . this is getting really annoying . im wondering if i have a short somewhere .

Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

First place Id check would be the harness' in the rubber boots that go from cab to door.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM
LittleRam50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the door triggers are (-) triggered so check the door boot like said above and then I would check all the wiring from both doors all the way to the main harness.

Quick Reply: some weird stuff going on