2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

radiator, transmission oil cooler, ac condeser

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
dondons1984
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator, transmission oil cooler, ac condeser

ok so here is bad luck.

I had my entire front end replaced a month ago. I then earlier this week hit a mule deer in which it ruined all in the title. I am now replacing all of them and need to know if I can drive it to a dealership to have recharged. I am using a couple used parts but not for my cooler I needed to replace. so does anyone here know of anything extra I can do? any extras?

Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

as long as you are not leaking water, or transmission fluid, and those 2 are full and not overheating, then its fine to drive it.

DO COVER any OPEN ends of the lines, ports, openings, etc to keep out contamination. and of course, w/o a charge, don't try to run any of your heat/cool funtions that try to turn on AC, although it would trip out on low pressure anyway.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
dondons1984
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks so much. I got everything off and gonna put it back on tomorrow since I work all day then I have to bend my bumper back into place also. any advice on that one? and I put plastic bags over all the openings to keep it clean so I hope that works.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

new aftermarket bumpers can be bought pretty cheap on ebay. the cheap ones tend to be a little thin, but i don't think that matters.

if you want to straighten yours, consider a chain or strap and either a come-along or tree as a anchor. you can pull with the come-along in a controlled manner or just back away from the tree for a little less control. you can also beat on it with a hammer while you have tension on it.

to remove dents, you can remove the bumper and hammer on it from the backside.

Quick Reply: radiator, transmission oil cooler, ac condeser