2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Draglink&pitman arm proper operation&testing???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draglink&pitman arm proper operation&testing???

A.s.a.p. I need to know the correct operation of the draglink&pitman arm where they meet.My draglink will turn left to right picture a motorcycle throtle....that type of motion&the pitman arm will go left to right &move with it but it seems like its off,I thougt the pitman arm didn't swivel as it moved the draglink..but Im not sure that's Why I ask...also the bushing looks shot when you work it grease comes out.Also the I need a new steering box
I have another thread going all about my loose steering&front end being rough,Im adding this in there the reason that Im also adding this to a new post is because I'm hoping the title will bring a answer opposed to you guys who have read the other post&don't plan on looking @it again&I'm hoping Ill find the answer out before the parts store closes because they have to order both&there about 50 miles away so I need to plan the trip out.Thanks.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Nobody?I can't find nothing online on it

Old 11-15-2012, 04:00 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Of course it moves. Get a new gear box. And since you have a 4x4, how is there grease coming out of the pitman arm? Or do you mean power steering fluid?

And wrong wrong wrong, on starting a new thread. I hope JK merges this one into the other one.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:42 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

I thought it to be justifiable because of the reasons I stated,that's why I let my intentions be known Insted of just re wording in another post...but I can still see why some would frown upon it.anyways..its grease from the bushing&course I know that it moves but the way its moving dosnt seem right with the slack,I've been waiting to order a redhead gear box the reason I haven't is because if I can't track down the other issues first I'm not gonna dump all of that money into the gear box as Ill be buying a cummins anyway within the next month or two&though I plan on keeping this truck Id rather put that $ to the cummins if I can't fix the shaking&then when more cash is available just totally redo the whole front end.

Quick Reply: Draglink&pitman arm proper operation&testing???