2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trac LOC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 01:54 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trac LOC?

come to find out there is an additive that is absolutley required while changing the rear gear oil . for my LSD... didnt know this... and i guess if this tracloc additive isnt in the new gear oil it could start problems... well this weekend ill find out of theres damage thats irreversible.... lets pray!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2005, 03:03 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trac LOC?

Shouldn't be any damage (unless you've been driving for months without it)....your differential just won't function as a limited slip. You will get a lot of chatter and hop in the rear-end. All you need to do is go to the dealer and get the additive and put it in.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Trac LOC? UPDATE!!!!

yea...it was like 8 months with out it.... stupid me stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!!!!! well found that track loc addidtive... traxx-x or something... put it in and quited the rearend up ALOT but not all the way..while i was underneeth i started to push and yank and pull and when i push up on the spare tire i hear the noise... well similar.. at the shocks... could they be bad? thanks for all the help!!!

Quick Reply: Trac LOC?