2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Help or Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 01:46 PM
peshewa
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would leave the abs intact for safety. As mentioned, changing the fluid with a total flush is always a great idea since your already in there & it's cheap. The wheel bearing issue also seems like a good place to look on that.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Torchedit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well fixed it. Decided to take the old drums into work and not have them turned due to them being round before. The only reason I changed drums in the first place was I thought it would be better with the new brake shoes. I took them in and ground down all of the ridges from the other brakes shoes. As I was cleaning them found out the drums were made by Bosch. Much better than the new drums from China. Once I had them all cleaned up, came home on Thursday night, pulled new drums off and cleaned and filed the flange mounting surfaces good. Used a dremel to chamfer all of the edges of the brake shoes, noticed that one of the self adjuster springs was not sitting right. Corrected the spring and put the old drums back on the truck. Test drove the truck and all is well. Thinking the second set of drums may also have been bad. I think I am going to take them back again and get my money back. I am so glad it is back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions. It certainly helped me eliminate some of the other possibilities.

Quick Reply: Need Help or Ideas