2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

where to find just cab lights lenses?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM
BackInBlack43
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to find just cab lights lenses?

Hey all, looking for a little help here. Looking to scoop up some new cablights for christmas as the nightshades on my stock ones is finally starting to come off and id always planned on getting aftermarkets. My question is does anyone know of a brand of aftermarket lights that run a similar setup to the factory ones?(the bulbs are separate from the lights and the lights can just be unscrewed and taken out) The recons and anything else ive seen thus far are a sealed unit in which you have to pull down the headliner and run new wires etc up to the cablights. Being that i already have factories and recently redid my headliner id rather not do that. Im looking for ones that i can essentially just screw the new lenses into the roof and use the old wires, bulbs etc.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe this will help, but these seem to be direct LED replacements.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/l...acement-bulbs/

Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
BackInBlack43
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recon cabs on truck with factory cabs?

well i had just posted about trying to find just replacement lenses but there doesnt seem to be many options out there, so....has anyone installed recon cabs on a truck that already factory cabs? i was wondering if you can wire in the recons if you just take down the overhead computer in the center of the ceiling. is it possible to wire them from there if you splice the existing wires and wire the recons up to those at that location? and secondly is there still leaking issues since the holes that are there are from the factory?any help would be appreciated here

Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

You posted basically the same question twice. You have now been merged.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^ Crackin the whip!!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Here ya go. Clear is the new black. These will have a connector that plugs into the factory socket where the 194 bulb is.

Click me

Quick Reply: where to find just cab lights lenses?