2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck dies breifly while driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Karride
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck dies breifly while driving

I have an odd problem that I'm not quite sure where to start troubleshooting. Twice now since I've bought my truck, it has briefly died on me while driving. The two times it has happened is has been under moderate acceleration (not quite WOT, but close), the engine will die for about a second or two (long enough to notice) and then suddenly it will start right back up, and the instrument cluster will start to ding and go through a self check like I just turned the truck on.

It doesn't seem to be weather related (it was warm weather the first time it happened) and I have not been able to make it happen. The only other commonality I have seen is the two times it happened has been either during or right after a hard right turn.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Might pull the steering wheel covers off and check the ignition switch wiring.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
go-part
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your problem sounds like the engine isn't getting enough fuel when you open the throttle up more. Then as you ease off because you notice its dying, the then car reteaches itself and works its way back to normal.

Id suggest checking your TPS and fuel pump.

Quick Reply: Truck dies breifly while driving