2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Foglight Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 AM
4x4 Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foglight Wiring Help

I am having some trouble wiring my foglights in my 95 ram. I used my voltometer and found a wire that only got voltage when the truck is running and spliced my wire for my switch there. The lights were working but then it quit and I used my voltometer again and found that same wire I spliced into was no longer getting voltage when the truck is running. I checked my fuses and found my stop lamp fuse was fried and my cruise control fuse was too. The brake lights worked before, but I never have tried the cruise. So I am wondering the proper way to wire my lights so they can only be on when it's running. I am using some old ford lights I found in the garage that are from 1987.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 AM
TitanOneSeven
Rookie

Are you using a relay? And do you want them to come on as soon as you turn the key or have them only on when the headlights and/or running lights are on?

Welcome to Dodge Forum by the way.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
4x4 Ram

I am using a relay. The foglights go to the relay which is hooked to the battery and grounded under the hood and it has one blue wire that goes to my switch. The switch is grounded. And there is a positive wire going to the switch. So 3 wires total. I want to be able to turn them on only when the truck is running so I don't leave them on. I dont care if they are hooked to the other lights.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just fab up a new harness. Soooo much easier than having to deal with factory stuff.

Quick Reply: Foglight Wiring Help