2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0783 after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
shink5.2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I feel rest assured after talking to him about it that he'll take care of it. He knows what he is talking about. As I was telling him what was going on he was able to name off everything that I have researched. Just a matter of getting the truck over there for him to look at.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,293 Likes on 3,040 Posts

Governor pressure sensor. Installing the wrong part for the year of trans can lead to that as well.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shink5.2
Yeah I feel rest assured after talking to him about it that he'll take care of it. He knows what he is talking about. As I was telling him what was going on he was able to name off everything that I have researched. Just a matter of getting the truck over there for him to look at.

Let us know what he finds. That way others that may have a simialr issue can find this, and so we will know!

Good luck!

Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
shink5.2

Dropped the truck off on Thursday. He called today and said before he tore the valve body off he checked all other possibilities. Found my shift linkage was about a half inch off.....SMH. I only adjusted my tv cable. Investigated a little further and one of the connections on the side of the Trans wasn't locked in very well and took some muscle to lock in. I must have over looked that. He said he fixed those two issues took it out and shifted fine. Said just to keep and eye on that connection on the Trans incase it comes loose again causing another shifting issue. I'm picking it up tomorrow so well see.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, that soulnds like good news! I didn't think about shifter linkage I suppose because the code. Hope that resolves it!

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM
shink5.2

Picks up the truck this morning and the truck shifts great. Kinda feel like a bonehead but glad he was able to diagnose it easily and that it was something simple. I should of just had him install it after he rebuilt it but ya live and learn. Thanks for all the help fellas!!

Old 04-07-2023, 03:51 PM
1C9S6A5
Default Link???

Originally Posted by gdstock
Have you downloaded the service manual from here? If not, I would recommend doing that as well, and printing out the tranmission section for reference. Even take the copy to him as it may help him understand exactly what is happening. When I work on something (family members with car troubles can wear you out) I want to actually be able to see what the code is as I have been told one thing to only find out later that they were mistaken.

If he is a reputable guy, he will want to make it right. But nothing wrong with dong the research ahead of time, and allowing to engage in a conversation with him with some understanding.

keep us posted on results. And I loose sleep as well!
Hey gdstock,
Do you have a link to the service manual on here. I'm having some of the same issuse on my 99 Sport and would like to be able to have the servuce manual to reference while i trouble shoot it. I'm not getting any codes, but my overdrive button isn't working anymore and the transmission only goes into overdrive once in a while now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 04-07-2023, 04:05 PM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 59 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 1C9S6A5
Hey gdstock,
Do you have a link to the service manual on here. I'm having some of the same issuse on my 99 Sport and would like to be able to have the servuce manual to reference while i trouble shoot it. I'm not getting any codes, but my overdrive button isn't working anymore and the transmission only goes into overdrive once in a while now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...e-manuals.html

The following users liked this post:
1C9S6A5 (04-07-2023)

Quick Reply: P0783 after rebuild