2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Line Check Valve

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Dodgeramsport16
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Line Check Valve

I've got a quick question and cant find anything about it , instead of buying all of these fittings and stuff, can I just hack off the check valve and disconnect it and just use a Transmission rated rubber hose and 2 clamps on each end? The quick disconnect line from the radiator is also leaking a far amount of transmission fluid and I'd also like to replace that hose aswell with 2 clamps on each side... Will I run into any problems by doing this? Thanks, Alec

Attached Thumbnails Transmission Line Check Valve-img_20121123_182131.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Go for it. Thats how I did mine.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes. that's how i did mine.

at the radiator end, the tubing pieces have little rings formed in them for the quick connect clamps to catch on. these rings act as stops to prevent the hose from sliding on as far as you'd like. either slide them over the bumps, or double clamp short of the bumps, or replace the bumped tubing with barbed connectors for the hose to grab on to. i had a hose slide off once and it dumped all my fluid in a flash.

more pics here.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ve-delete.html

Name:  056D7DEA-3048-4240-BD7D-46C76694807F-3598-000017894A627F8F.jpg
Views: 4425
Size:  289.5 KB

Last edited by dhvaughan; 02-15-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 PM
tbone360
Professional

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
yes. that's how i did mine.

at the radiator end, the tubing pieces have little rings formed in them for the quick connect clamps to catch on. these rings act as stops to prevent the hose from sliding on as far as you'd like. either slide them over the bumps, or double clamp short of the bumps, or replace the bumped tubing with barbed connectors for the hose to grab on to. i had a hose slide off once and it dumped all my fluid in a flash.

more pics here.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-...ve-delete.html

IMAGE#1
dh is your remote filter running from the line w the check valve, in then out to the radiator.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ yes. the line with the check valve is the pressure line. place the remote filter prior to the cooler to keep it clean.

be sure and plumb it correctly because the filter cartridge contains a check valve and probably won't flow backwards. someone who will remain nameless got theirs reversed and burnt up a trans.

if you any doubt at all about which is your pressure line, place them both in a bucket, start the truck and shift to neutral for a moment. the pressure line will pump fluid like a banshee.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:25 AM
tbone360
Professional

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
^ yes. the line with the check valve is the pressure line. place the remote filter prior to the cooler to keep it clean.

be sure and plumb it correctly because the filter cartridge contains a check valve and probably won't flow backwards. someone who will remain nameless got theirs reversed and burnt up a trans.

if you any doubt at all about which is your pressure line, place them both in a bucket, start the truck and shift to neutral for a moment. the pressure line will pump fluid like a banshee.
ok thanks man.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Quick Reply: Transmission Line Check Valve