2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DEALERSHIPS?????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:04 AM
wildwolf59
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEALERSHIPS?????????

I CALLED THE LOCAL DODGE DEALER TODAY TO SEE IF THEY DRAINED THE TRANNY FLUID OR IF THEY FLUSHED IT AND THEY SAID ALL THEY DO IS DRAIN IT.....THAN I ASKED THEM IF THEY ADJUSTED THE BANDS ON THEM AND THEY SAID THEY DONT DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT ON THE TRANNIES SO IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL HAve TO DO IT MYSELF.....I WANTED TO ANYWAY TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT BUT I DIDNT HAVE THE TIME....NOW SINCE THEY DONT DO THAT I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO....SO WHEN I DO IT I WILL ASK FOR HELP BECAUSE I KNOW YOU GUTS HAVE HAD A THREAD ON HERE OR TWO SO I WILL TRY IT MYSELF....ANYWAY I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS WEIRD THAT THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT.....OH WELL I GUESS I JUST GET MY HELP FROM HERE WHICH I AM PROBABLY BETTER OF ANYWAY....LOL

Old 09-15-2005, 04:01 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: DEALERSHIPS?????????

I dunno who you talked to at the dealership, but they apparently didn't know what's going on. Dealerships do band adjustments...it's a procedure in the manual, and there's also a TSB on it.

Anyway, if you're going to do it yourself...here's the info: http://dodgeram.org/tech/transmissio...T_band_adj.htm

Old 09-15-2005, 09:27 PM
wildwolf59
Professional
Default RE: DEALERSHIPS?????????

YEAH THAT IS what i thought too but he said they dont do that unless he meant i didnt need it with only 65000 miles on it but i think he meant that they dont do that so i dont think i wiull take any of my vehicles to them!!!!!

Quick Reply: DEALERSHIPS?????????