2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck Bucking In Overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 AM
V10Rampower
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob5151
I pulled the O2 sensor today. I was surprised, it came out very easily. Zip tied it out of the way, and went for a drive. Check engine light was on, and it did sound quite a bit louder.

It behaved the same on the highway. Drives great in every gear except o/d.

The bucking stops when I give it enough throttle to downshift.

The vehicle currently has copper Champion plugs and basic Duralast wires from Autozone. They have 10,000 miles on them. Would it be worth it to change them out?
I would change them and the wires if they're not
Super new sounds like the exact problem I had

Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Timothy Watrous
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
I was disagreeing with the post "a cloged cat just makes the engine feal boggy... / lack of flow... it wouldn't cause bucking..."

Which is not necessarily the way I would describe it, but seems to fit a clogged cat issue.
the reason i said this is because i have a similar problem as the op... and my cats gutted... truck runs fine but once it shifts to over drive and the rpms drop down between 1400 and 2000 i have to make it down shift to speed up or climb a slope. just giving it a little more gas the engine seems like it has a miss.... but dose it...? so its ether that or the trany just sucks. or its because i have 265 tires with 3.55s but idk

Quick Reply: Truck Bucking In Overdrive