2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear block size for lift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 AM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear block size for lift kit?

Im totally confused right now myself. Ive been trying to get some advice from local suspenion manufactures but they talk me into buying a brand new lift kit or just using another add a leaf and block lift kit.

Im about to get 5 inches of lift in the front of my truck? How much inches of lift would I need in the rear? Different shops give me 3? and then 4? Some have even suggested this:
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...block-kit.html

I just want to be able to buy an aal and get it over with. So how many inches of rear lift would I need to level with 5inches of lift int he front? I want to do right the first time and not have the tail drag on the ground or the back look to raked.I tried doing a search and couldnt find anything related on here to my question. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:16 AM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock truck has 3" blocks in the rear. If you lift the front 5" , you lift the rear 2"
So long as your leafs aren't sagging any.

Quick Reply: Rear block size for lift kit?