2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering Wheel Locked??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Robert Lewis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Locked??

So I parked my truck in the garage the other day and locked the steering wheel "for the first time since I owned the truck" and now I can not get it to unlock I put the key in and jiggle the wheel but it will not let me turn it. Does anyone know what I can do? I am about to just yank on the wheel as hard as possible to try an bust the lock lol but dont want to

Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Try turning the wheel harder. Both directions. Need to get the pressure off the lock "pin".

Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Robert Lewis

trust me I have. I even had my girlfriend try to turn the key as I pulled the wheel.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

maybe jack up the front end to ease the pressure.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Robert Lewis

I mean it is a little older its a 95 I can try that I hope it works bc it sucks for sure not having my truck after tearing my roof of my house saturday and sunday well sucked today basically bc I didnt have my truck to toss the shingles into so had to do double the work tearing off and then picking up and caring to the dumpster

Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe try wiggling the key. Might be the ignition cylinder is going bad.

You are using the correct key, right? <<Just making sure, because I've done it before.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Robert Lewis

I think I have tried every option possible wiggle the wheel and the key yanking on that mother effer as hard as possible.. just went out and lifted the front and no help there and yes the correct key is being used lol only other keys I have are to a toyota, suzuki, and an eagle ... I knew I should of not locked the wheel bc on all my other vehicles to lock the wheel you turn it off wiggle the wheel a little and boom locked my truck would never lock so I looked it up and said you had to turn the wheel 180 degrees so I just had to try it and screwed myself over..

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Locked??