2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

remote starter wont work

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Timc1695
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation remote starter wont work

i had bought my truck (1999 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT Laramie 2WD 5.2l V8 Magnum) about a month or two ago and the guy who had it before had a remote starter in it and it worked fine but then about 3 weeks ago it just stopped. the only thing i had done to the truck so far is put in a radio and an amp so i'm not sure what could have happened i'm not sure if he installed it or had someone do it for him but all the connections are covered with electrical tape(very poorly i might add) and when i looked up the manual for the system it said it has key-less entry and remote start and when it worked, only the remote start worked.

i have checked all the fuses and they are fine. the brain gets power because the program light flashes if i tried to program. i replaced the battery in the remote and tried to reprogram it and it still doesn't work.

the model of the remote start is a rattler 259d

here is the manual if you need it:
http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...sers_Guide.pdf

if anyone knows anything about these remote starts and could help me out please reply i really don't want to have to take it to a mechanic who will charger a poop ton of money

p.s. if you need pictures of the brain, connections, remote, etc. just let me know and ill post them as soon as i can

Quick Reply: remote starter wont work