2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

9.25 lock right locker help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Tommy Francetic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9.25 lock right locker help

hey i got a lock right locker for my 9.25 axle its on a 98 ram 1500
the tech help made to seance so i am looking for some one that has put one of these in this axle. i got to washers about 1 " big and it looks like it fits in the locker but with them in theres no way to get the pin in throw the carrier and locker. and those to washers are not on the manual that came in the kit

Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have a powertrax noslip, which is similar to the lock-right.
see if the link below helps any.

the noslip has rings with teeth, that have to align with the splined side gear, and they have to mesh perfectly for the pinion shaft to clear. i had to assemble mine on the workbench, and then mark some alignment dots on each side, then assemble inside the diff and realign the marks.

go to the very end for pics and instructions.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...yes-or-no.html

this part gave me trouble with alignment:
assembly: study the noslip parts and understand that there are 3 parts per side, a pinion shaft in the middle, and some springs. the outermost part is the same for both driver and passenger side. the other two are not. passenger side is slotted (for c clip) and drivers side is not. when you put the 3 pieces together, you will only see the innermost and outermost. the middle piece, called the spacer, is hidden from view. it the magical piece !! it has a wide tab called the paddle. the innermost and outermost pieces have one, and only one, wide slot for that paddle to fit into. when the paddle is seated properly in the wide slots, the teeth will mesh tight. if its not in the right place, the teeth only half mesh.

this is sort of in the instructions as step 11, but its not clear what it means -> verify gaps in coupler teeth. i think this might have been my problem the first time. take the outermost piece and study it. it has a splined center for the axle shaft, and then it has 2 rows of teeth around the outside. this looks like all one solid piece. IT IS NOT. the inner teeth are a seperate piece, that will rotate in relationship to the outer teeth. ANOTHER MAGICAL PIECE. so put this outer piece in the vise (don't scar it up), put the middle piece's paddle in the wide slot. lay the pinion shaft into the slot for the pinon shaft, and rotate the shaft. this will rotate the inner teeth relative to the outer teeth. align it so that every other outer slot perfectly matches an
inner slot.

this is a also very important - position all 3 pieces together properly, and write with a marker on the outside edge of the inner and outer pieces where the paddle is. I used PP for passenger paddle (slotted) and PD for drivers paddle. 180 degrees opposite the paddle, mark another straight line across them. in my pictures below i put some dots, but then i forgot whether the paddle was one dot or two. this is important because you have to assemble all these pieces inside the carrier, and you have to keep rotating it back and forth, and you have to keep up with where the paddle is, and you have to get it all meshed exactly right in order to get the pinon shaft in. so these marks allow you to do that.

Last edited by dhvaughan; 08-27-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 AM
generaljr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as you may know, you will be asked for pics

Old 08-27-2013, 10:37 AM
FireDodge
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had used to have one in my truck, but a friend installed it for me so I'm no help here. But I can advise you to be nice to it, especially if you run bigger tires, like 33-35". Mine blew up right around a year after installing. I also wheel mine pretty rough a few times a year.

Quick Reply: 9.25 lock right locker help