DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Best upgrade for pickup? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/362152-best-upgrade-for-pickup.html)

aofarrell2 09-03-2013 05:35 PM

^yep I was just curious, that's all.

*backontopic*

J415 09-03-2013 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckMagnumPower (Post 3070393)
and the gas, If I fill up to full, it goes from f to e in 70 miles, then goes to quarter and starts going down when Im starting to go under a quarter tank lol.

Ah...no wonder you get 18 miles per gallon.

RedneckMagnumPower 09-04-2013 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by dodge dude94 (Post 3070525)
Get some bodywork done on that thing and it'll look slick.

Like what type of bodywork? Next summer, hopefully, I can get that ugly dent taken off.

Yeah, its basically designed like the chevy box, that's definitely for sure, but I would rather (hurts to say this) have the chevy box instead. At least they are all metal. I got a rock chip on the box, so theres a little hole in it. Also got one on my brand new windshield. I was so pissed.

RedneckMagnumPower 09-04-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by J415 (Post 3070708)
Ah...no wonder you get 18 miles per gallon.

I get 18 because the damn thing actually gets 18 haha. If I need fuel and I can only get say, ethanol or 85.5 in a town, Ill only put enough to get to another town. I hate ethanol. Kills your mileage on everything ive driven! 85.5 just feels like a ripoff. Im paying what I would pay for 87, but im only getting 85.5. It would be like paying $40 for a case a pbr. Just not right lol.

zman17 09-04-2013 04:34 PM

Sorry, but you ain't getting 18 mpg, unless of course every where you go is down hill and the engine isn't running. LOL

dodge dude94 09-04-2013 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckMagnumPower (Post 3071013)
Like what type of bodywork? Next summer, hopefully, I can get that ugly dent taken off.

Yeah, its basically designed like the chevy box, that's definitely for sure, but I would rather (hurts to say this) have the chevy box instead. At least they are all metal. I got a rock chip on the box, so theres a little hole in it. Also got one on my brand new windshield. I was so pissed.

Paint, dent pulling, etc...

RedneckMagnumPower 09-04-2013 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by dodge dude94 (Post 3071040)
Paint, dent pulling, etc...

That all sounds so damn expensive. If anything is getting paint, its my 71. That thing has my heart haha. I do clean the underbody every three months if that counts for something.

Also, I live in a pretty well flat area and 65 is pretty easy on the motor. That's the speed limit now and it sucks. Plus, I don't drive like an ahole in town...anymore

dodge dude94 09-04-2013 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckMagnumPower (Post 3071044)
That all sounds so damn expensive. If anything is getting paint, its my 71. That thing has my heart haha. I do clean the underbody every three months if that counts for something.

Also, I live in a pretty well flat area and 65 is pretty easy on the motor. That's the speed limit now and it sucks. Plus, I don't drive like an ahole in town...anymore

Ain't expensive if you do it yourself. I'm learning the ropes of light bodywork myself. :D

65 with flat roads will do wonders for gas mileage.

If only I could keep my foot out of the gas on certain vehicles. :rolleyes:

RedneckMagnumPower 09-05-2013 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by dodge dude94 (Post 3071047)
Ain't expensive if you do it yourself. I'm learning the ropes of light bodywork myself. :D

65 with flat roads will do wonders for gas mileage.

If only I could keep my foot out of the gas on certain vehicles. :rolleyes:

Yeah. At any age, its hard to keep the foot off the gas.
Heres a video with my pipes in the background-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF57IZSutW8
:icon_xsnatch: