2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Radio and Dome light wont work after "Scan tool" was used.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
MDDODGE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and Dome light wont work after "Scan tool" was used.

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 that the radio and dome lights wont work after i used a scan tool! But when i turn my night lights on they work perfectly but still no radio. Also the light **** to turn the brightness up to turn on dome light on doesn't work only with night lights on.
But before scan tool was hooked up i shut the radio off(power button) then after the scan it wouldnt turn back on! =[

I used a Genesis scan tool, right before i was gonna shut it off the whole scan tool just "shut off" completely meaning i didnt touch the power button or anything! So i tried to boot it back up which it did but just turn off quickly again! Right at the begin the Scan Tool just says "please wait gathering files please do not discount power to scan tool" which it took 5 mins to do. But the Scan Tool powered down when i was gonna shut it down?

I was thinking it was the ECM or something that is involve with the computer?
So is there anyone out there that can help me?? please =[

Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Check your fuses. The obd plug gets its power from that circuit on some truck, and from the power mirror circuit on others. I recently went through something similar on an 01 1500 sport. Was trying to read the codes because the cel was on and it wouldn't read. Found on that model that it gets power from the mirrors. My 97 gets it from the radio. Hope this helps.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:55 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

+1, check ALL the fuses. Nothing wrong with the scan tool, the battery is dead thats all, and it not getting power from the OBD plug as stated.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 PM
MDDODGE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks guys!
it was the mirror fuse that blow!
thanks =]

Quick Reply: Radio and Dome light wont work after "Scan tool" was used.