2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Crazy dash lights.. NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Timc1695
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Crazy dash lights.. NEED HELP

So today I was driving back to work from advance auto and I came to a stop at a stop sign and my abs, airbag, check engine light came on. Then my odometer flashed a couple of times then it said in the odometer "no bus". I was very confused and wasn't sure what to do but the shop I work at was a block down the road so I went on and as soon as I made my turn it all went away.

Then as I went to slow down for the second turn into the shop parking lot it happened again but this time just abs, airbag, and check engine lights no odometer flashing..

I was very mad at this point because I've been having a lot of problems with this truck so I parked and got back to work...

When I was leaving about 3 and a half hours later I had my boss scan it and he said that it showed two codes (I didn't do the scan so) he says that the two codes were "kwp2000", "iso9141". I did some research and I can't figure it out (I'm not to good with the scanners and what not).

The only problems With the truck that I know of right now are it needs a coolant flush, it needs a new iac ( locks up some times... I have been just taking out and freeing it for now), and I think it's burning oil( there's no leaks and I just checked it because I was hearing a ticking noise and there's nothin on the dipstick)

I did have to replace the vehicle speed sensor on the trans and speed sensor on the rear diff not to long ago, also (not sure if it matters) I cleaned the throttle body not to long ago.

I hope someone knows what is going on with my truck and what to do to fix it...

If you need more information let me know

Please I could use some feedback as soon as possible as this is my daily driver

Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

mine's done that a couple of times and it was a bad connection of the large white plug in the pdc box, beside the battery. the plug has the bolt in the center which acts like its stripped, but i think the threads stop at a certain point to prevent overtightening.

disconnect battery. then unbolt and remove/reconnect that plug several times to scratch any tarnish. clean it of any gunk. reinstall and reconnect battery.

Quick Reply: Crazy dash lights.. NEED HELP