2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil pressure guage shows nothing

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 04:48 PM
RamBurgundy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure guage shows nothing

I just purchased a 1995 3500 and will be taking delivery of it on Monday. First order of business that I am aware of is the oil pressure gauge has no reading whatsoever. I understand that I will need to do some testing (like actuator test), but wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if so, was it the gauge or the sensor. From what I read about these gauges and their magnetic nature, sounds like it would be a cold day in hell before they would go bad, but that is just my newbie reading of it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers~
RB

Old 12-22-2013, 05:52 PM
r-g_richards
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More info needed. Engine, mileage etc. Could be a bad sending unit or bad oil pump, do not run it til you find out. You could hook up a mechanical gauge to test out the system by cranking it without allowing to start. Monitor the gauge, if still 0 time to check out the oil pump.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:41 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sending unit's aren't the greatest. Stick a mechanical gauge on it just to be 100% sure of what oil PSI you've got, replace sending unit if necessary...

Quick Reply: Oil pressure guage shows nothing