DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   dome, bed light and mirrors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/368022-dome-bed-light-and-mirrors.html)

bulldodgemoe 12-24-2013 11:55 PM

dome, bed light and mirrors

Dome light. Bed light and power mirrors dont work. No power to each. I have checked all fuses included the IOC fuse #12 slot. Even replaced fuse for the heck of it. Any solid ideas I can try. Have a feeling its a combined problem.

bulldodgemoe 12-25-2013 12:13 AM

Side not radio works fine. Its not the stock radio.

zman17 12-25-2013 12:50 AM

Check headlight switch. And door jamb switches.

bulldodgemoe 12-25-2013 05:18 AM

the front center map lights work though. a lot of reading is that they are all combined with this IOC fuse slot #12. wondering if anything to do with the non stock radio, the way it was hooked up? but the radio does exactly what its suppose to do. also been thinking tonight i wonder if its the alarm thing i removed when i first got the truck, the open door/left lights on alarm?? awful big for just a buzzer. i removed that, wonder if it broke the circuit

HeyYou 12-25-2013 12:46 PM

Pulled the buzzer out of the fuse block? Put it back, see what happens.

bulldodgemoe 12-25-2013 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3113992)
Pulled the buzzer out of the fuse block? Put it back, see what happens.

now that the kaos is gone from the house. i will put that back in to see what it does. its not at the fuse block its tucked way under that dash.

~moparlove~ 12-25-2013 06:03 PM

IOD fuse. that fuse controls all of those things. had a few go out on my truck. its the fuse that incased in the yellow holder.

bulldodgemoe 12-25-2013 09:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bulldodgemoe (Post 3113920)
Dome light. Bed light and power mirrors dont work. No power to each. I have checked all fuses included the IOC fuse #12 slot. Even replaced fuse for the heck of it. Any solid ideas I can try. Have a feeling its a combined problem.

Originally Posted by ~moparlove~ (Post 3114049)
IOD fuse. that fuse controls all of those things. had a few go out on my truck. its the fuse that incased in the yellow holder.

as you would have read i tried that already. thats not it.
radio works, vanity lights work, over head console works, glove box light works.
this IOC fuse also runs those items listed above. as it comes from that junction block that feeds 3 circuits. my issue comes from C7 (circuit #7)
then it leads down to joint connector #5
out of joint connector #5 it feeds 4 circuits.
the issue is circuit #13 this power feed feeds to the 4 things in common. where can i find this joint connector #5?
if you have the 2001 manual page 799 8W-12-14 diagram

but on a side, funny and very weird note. i placed the annoying as hell buzzer back in and guess what?? my effin intermittent wipers work now!! who would have thunked that?