2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

seat covers that work with our seats??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:15 AM
pipeking
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat covers that work with our seats??

has anyone found over the counter covers that work with our seats? u know what I mean, cuz the seatbelt comes out of the seatbelt all the covers I found just cover the outlet of the seatbelt, I can't find any that have a hole cut into them to make them work. I was thinking of just going to a tailor or upholstery guy and have them customize the ones I can get at the auto parts store. i searched and really can't find exactly what I'm looking for and not really any pics either, so i will make this post and hopefully we can have everyone post some pics of what they have done. post your pics; pics, pics, pics!'

Old 02-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

I saw some at Cabela's that had a zipper on the side for integrated seat belts. Semi-universal fit but closest you'll find over the counter. If you can spend a bit more, check out the interwebz:
http://www.gtcovers.com/seat-covers/...FYdgfgodci8Auw

Old 02-16-2014, 11:22 AM
nvrsftram
Amateur

i bought a cheap set at walmart for 25 bucks, made a small slit where the seat belt goes, unbolted seat belt and pulled through, then tucked it behind seat belt trim, worked perfect and holding in tight

Attached Thumbnails seat covers that work with our seats??-seat-cover.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 08:03 PM
pipeking
Veteran
Talking

Originally Posted by nvrsftram
i bought a cheap set at walmhttps://dodgeforum.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifart for 25 bucks, made a small slit where the seat belt goes, unbolted seat belt and pulled through, then tucked it behind seat belt trim, worked perfect and holding in tight
how long have u had these seat covers? they haven't pulled out the trim piece on the back rest yet? that is exactly what I'm thinking. so did u un bolt the seat belt from the bottom or were u able to get that trim piece off the back rest and tuck it in that way? just a slit or a small amount of material? "I thinks that all the questions for now"lol:}

Old 02-16-2014, 08:55 PM
nvrsftram
Amateur

had the seat covers for about a couple months and still not pulling away from trim, first I removed the side cover on the side of the seat then unbolted seat belt, removed grab bar on rear of seat, slid seat cover on and positioned it how I wanted, felt for where the seat belt went into the seat and made a slice in it kinda following the way the trim piece curves, pulled seat belt through and stretched the fabric around seat belt trim and tucked it in, a car key works great for pushing the fabric of the seat cover in btw, then buttoned it all up

Quick Reply: seat covers that work with our seats??